Educating Tomorrow's Christians
Homeschooling in Indiana
- Withdraw your student and notify current principal in writing of your decision
- Request a copy of your student's public school records.
- You are required to notify the Indiana Department of Education of your grade level enrollment.
In eight to ten weeks you will receive a home school number.
- You are not required to follow curriculum or program requirements of public schools.
You can be flexible in choosing the curriculum, textbooks, and materials that will most
benefit your children.
- You are required to provide 180 days of instruction
- You must keep attendance records. Indiana Law
allows public school superintendents to request copies of your child's attendance records for verification of attendance.
- You are required to provide equivalent instruction to that given in the public schools (IC 20-8.1-3-34),
although equivalency of instruction is not defined by law. It is important to keep documentation
of attendance and continuing educational activity. These records will be vital if ever a question
of educational neglect arises.
- Indiana Law I.C.20-8.1-3-11,
- If you have any questions, contact Indiana Department of Education:
by phone at 800-833-2199
ext 9135 or by e-mail or on the